Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello World

As is typical with a new programming language, new technology, or in this case a new blog, a "Hello World" is in order.  This post serves that mission.

My name is Steve Jackson, I'm a senior consultant dealing with Microsoft technologies.  I came up through C and C++ with a little bit of VB in the mix (mainly to test my C++ COM components).  I've been working with .NET for several years, now, mainly focusing on C#--I really love the new C# features such as Language Integrated Query (LINQ) and am working on a project currently which makes heavy use of it.

I recently decided to become a Business Intelligence (BI) expert.  I created this blog to chronicle my learning experiences, and plan to update it every so often with reports on how I'm doing.  I plan to provide examples of what I'm working on so that others out there going through the same experiences might benefit.

If you happen by this blog while searching for something BI related, please provide a comment on something you'd like to see.  At this point, I'm a total n00b, but I'll consider all suggestions and see what I can do to provide information on your subject.  Some of the folks I work with have been doing this for a while so I have access to some great minds!

I'm excited to be starting this journey and can't wait to see where it takes me.

"From the point of ignition
To the final drive,
The point of the journey
Is not to arrive."
  - Rush, Prime Mover

No comments: